Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

[Our] Place; The Downstairs Facelift

Having done nothing but procrastinate and 'moodboard' since moving in, three weeks before Christmas I decided it was imperative that we decorate, almost the entire, downstairs for the festive period of entertaining. Sigh!

'My poor [long-suffering] other half!'
Luckily he is used to my ways and coped very well through the subsequent onslaught of wallpaper samples, paint samples and the creative turmoil that only ensues when I’m designing [Our] Place.
Swatches galore!
 
When considering our scheme I really started to think about my design principles and personal style and what I came up with was very 'fluid' but based loosely on the statements below; 
  • I find schemes that develop from a single source of inspiration are the most effortless
  •  
  • I love schemes that can be added to and evolve as your tastes and lifestyle changes
  •  
  • I like adjacent spaces to have something in common so they flow from one to the other
  • I consider lighting to be the most influential aspect of any scheme.
  • I try to avoid seasonally biased themes and colours- I try to choose a neutral scheme that can be easily updated seasonally or with the trends.

Over the next couple of weeks I’ll publish posts with more detail on each of the spaces and the finishes and products we used...
 
I'll keep you posted x

No comments:

Post a Comment